— Ramona Rice (@SportsGalPal) July 6, 2015
Pardon me as I squeal for delight as someone asks my advice on my favorite team and ballpark. While it is called Globe Life Park in Arlington, I refuse to acknowledge the name, and I will refer to it as The ballpark in Arlington. One of the most beautiful ballparks in the country.
I could write a big book of advice for the ballpark, but I will just give you my top 10 tips for a Texas Rangers game.
1. My favorite entrance is home plate. I think it’s the best place to take pictures.
2. Take a Tour of the ballpark. You learn all the history and get to see everything. Ask permission, and you may be able to take some dirt from the warning track.
3. Go to the Grand Slam gift shop. This is my favorite. It has just about anything you could want.
4. Eat something from this LIST. There are so many wonderful options to choose from, I couldn’t decide.
5. Leave a little room and get an ice cream in a Ranger hat bowl.
6. Even though it is a night game, this is TEXAS. It is HOT. Bring a towel to put on your seat.
7. If you want to get autographs, I like a pennant or a hat. Baseballs are horrible to sign. Also bring a silver sharpie-like pen; it is much better to see the signature in silver ink than in black ink.
8. Bring a glove. Watch out for foul balls, bats, home runs.
9. If you are lucky enough to catch a ball, it is nice but not required to give the ball to a kid. If a kid is about to get the ball, back off and let him or her get it.
10. Soak in everything: Watch the field get prepared, watch batting practice, watch the players take the field. When the game is over, don’t rush out. Enjoy the experience.